ONLINE Pranayama Course (5 days)
5 daily sessions, 5:30–7:00pm
Monday, June 8 to Saturday, June 13, skipping Thursday
This course is inspired by our 30-Day Pranayama Challenge on Instagram Live. Prana is the universal principle of energy or force. "Whatever moves or works or has life, is but an expression or manifestation of prana." Breath is the external manifestation of prana. With the regular practice of pranayama—or controlling prana—you can store this energy in your brain and nerve plexi. You need an abundance of prana to be healthy and strong. Hatha Yoga has developed this to a science. In this course, we will introduce and practice kapalabhati and anuloma viloma (alternate nostril breathing), in addition to sun salutations and relaxation. Join our Instagram Live Pranayama Challenge at 8:00am for support continuing this essential practice for mental stability and a strong immune system!
- Learn a safe practice you can do daily, building up the number of rounds at your own pace.
- Balance and calm the mind.
- Tone your body, internal organs and digestion.
- We will look at classic sitting positions, kriyas and anatomy of breathing.
- Build your awareness of energy, while consciously building, storing, purifying and chanelling prana.
Swami Sivananda says, "A Pranayama practitioner will have a light body free from disease, very fair complexion, a sweet melodious voice, and pleasant smell from his body. He will have good appetite, cheerfulness, a handsome figure, good strength, courage, enthusiasm, a high standard of health, vigor and vitality, and good concentration of mind." The practice is easy and the benefits immediate. Cultivate the discipline, with the encouragement of the group practice.