Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
Thursday, October 1 @ 9:00 AM - Sunday, October 4 @ 6:00 PM
California College of Ayurveda certification
4-DAY TRAINING Yoga Nidra is the art of conscious deep relaxation. In this classically-based teacher training, you will learn techniques that will allow you and your students to reach new states of conscious awareness of both the physical and subtle energy body. As these techniques are practiced, you can identify and release blockages to the flow of life energy. The end result is the healing of the body and mind, the experience of deep relaxation states and an increased capacity to manifest your deepest aspirations.
In these four days, you will both experience Yoga Nidra and learn how to teach it to others. Upon completion, students will be prepared to offer this service to their community. You will receive certification as a Yoga Nidra Instructor through the California College of Ayurveda so you will be able to teach Yoga Nidra as individual sessions and/or group classes in your own private practice, yoga studios, hospitals, schools and many other institutions that are looking for holistic healing modalities. Even if you are uncertain about embarking on teaching in the future, you can still benefit from taking this class for your own personal growth.
· Be able to teach Yoga Nidra in group and private settings
· Experience Yoga Nidra directly in multiple formats and different teaching partners
· Learn how to use your voice as an instrument for healing
· Learn the physiological and evidence-based research of Yoga Nidra and how to share this information with others.
· Develop an understanding of the history of classically-based Yoga Nidra and how it applies to your practice
· Explore the transformative power of Yoga Nidra and understand the specific ways it taps into deep layers of the unconscious and subconscious mind
· Learn outreach tools to bring the practice into mainstream settings such as schools and hospitals
About the Instructor
Rita Burgos is a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist and Classical Yoga Nidra Representative, receiving her training through the California College of Ayurveda. While she has studied a vast array of effective meditation techniques, deep relaxation and stress reduction practices, she made a commitment to share Yoga Nidra with as many people as possible. She has found it to be the most accessible modality for many different types of individuals, promoting internal healing, trauma recovery, and opening doors to re-pattern lives so individuals can accomplish their most authentic and sincere goals.
In addition to her work as an instructor and teacher trainer of Classical Yoga Nidra, Rita has a clinical practice in Ayurvedic medicine in Los Angeles, integrating holistic counseling, lifestyle changes, body therapies and herbs. In her clinical work, she also integrates years of work in trauma recovery as an Energy Healing Therapist and Body/Mind Counselor.
The cost of the teacher training is $795; early registration by May 1 is $695. This covers tuition. Accommodations are available onsite for $95 per day in a dorm room or $145 per day for a private room. Two vegetarian meals are included in the room price. Vegetarian lunch and dinner are available to commuters for $10 each. Pay in full through the registration link or make a deposit of $250. Full payment of the balance is due 2 weeks before the start of the training. (Students repeating this California College of Ayurveda training pay 1/2 the cost.)
What to Bring
Please bring slip-on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, pillow, and whatever props you may need to lie down comfortably for 45 minutes.
Classes take place from 9:00am–6:00pm each day.
Certification and Continuing Education Units
A Certificate of Completion will be provided by the California College of Ayurveda within 30 days of completing the training program.
– CEUs are available for California nurses. Nurses and health professionals can use Yoga Nidra to help their patients learn how to deeply relax to support their overall emotional and physical healing.
– CEUs are also available for Yoga Alliance members, International Association of Yoga Therapists, and the National Ayurvedic Medical Association.
For the Residential option:
Private room $1,275 for 4 nights, or $1,375 after May 1 (total, with tuition)
Dorm room $1,075 for 4 nights, or $1,175 after May 1 (total, with tuition)
Shared same-sex bathroom
Includes 2 vegetarian meals and 2 satsangs (attendance strongly encouraged) per day
Check in 7:00pm Wednesday; check out Sunday evening
Advance reservation required. Fill in form below or call 310-822-9642 or email [email protected]
Inquire about secure parking.