ONLINE Yoga 1 Course (5 sessions)
Saturday, March 21 @ 10:30 AM - Saturday, April 25 @ 12:00 PM
ONLINE COURSE: Instruction will take place via Zoom. Once you register, we will send you a link. It is easy to connect, and important that we do so in these uncertain times!
This Beginners Yoga Course is ideal for beginners, or those new to Sivananda Yoga. This course gives you the full yogic experience, progressively introducing yoga asanas, breathing exercises, meditation, mantra chanting and yoga philosophy and it will cover the first three of the five points of Yoga. The course will help you understand the system that is followed in all of our open classes.
• Step-by-step guide in 11 of the basic 12 postures, with explanation of benefits of the postures
• What is classical yoga? Intro to the tradition of lineage of the yoga masters
• What is the purpose and what are the methods of classical yoga?
• Basic philosophy about happiness, health, life, freedom
• Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
• Yogic techniques of breathing
• Yogic techniques of relaxation
Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy by Swami Sitaramananda
available in our boutique
The course meets five consecutive Saturdays at 9:00am via Zoom.