- This event has passed.
Yoga 1 Course (5 sessions)
Tuesday, January 9, 2024 @ (PDT) 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM UTC+0
ONSITE OR ONLINE
The course meets five consecutive Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00 PST
Online registrants will receive a Zoom link at least one hour before the first class.
This course is ideal for beginners, and those new to Sivananda Yoga. This course progressively introduces you to Sivananda Yoga and covers yoga asanas, breathing exercises, meditation, mantra chanting and yoga philosophy. At the end of this course, you will be able to practice the basics of yoga on your own and/or join any of our open classes. You can also progress in your yoga journey by taking Yoga 2, also 5 sessions. If you’re looking to realize some of the many positive benefits of yoga, this course is for you.
- Step-by-step guide to 11 of the basic 12 postures, with explanation of benefits of the postures
- Techniques of yogic breathing
- Techniques of relaxation
- The 5 elements of yoga including purpose and methods of classical yoga
- Difference between yoga asanas and physical exercises
- Basic philosophy about happiness, health, life and freedom
Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy by Swami Sitaramananda is an excellent overview of this material and more.
Available in our boutique.