Yoga 1 Course (5 sessions)
Tuesday, January 3, 2023 @ (PDT) 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM PST
IN PERSON OR ONLINE
Online registrants will receive a Zoom link at least one hour before the first class.
This Beginners Yoga Course is ideal for beginners, or those new to Sivananda Yoga. This course gives you the full yogic experience, progressively introducing yoga asanas, breathing exercises, meditation, mantra chanting and yoga philosophy and it will cover the first 3 of the 5 points of Yoga. The course will help you understand the system that is followed in all of our open classes. Yoga 2, a five-session continuation, will be available.
• Step-by-step guide in 11 of the basic 12 postures, with explanation of benefits of the postures
• What is classical yoga? Intro to the tradition of lineage of the yoga masters
• What is the purpose and what are the methods of classical yoga?
• Basic philosophy about happiness, health, life, freedom
• Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
• Yogic techniques of breathing
• Yogic techniques of relaxation
Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy by Swami Sitaramananda
available in our boutique
The course meets five consecutive Tuesdays from 7:00–8:30pm PST, and ends on January 31. (It is possible for this class to meet earlier if those interested prefer.)