- This event has passed.
ONLINE Self-Abhyanga with Mahavidya
Sunday, August 23 @ 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Sunday, August 23 @ 1:30–3:30pm
ONLINE VIA ZOOM. Registrants will receive a link at least an hour before the workshop.
The ultimate in self care! Learn to do self-abhyanga (self-massage) with warm, herbal oil, chosen for your body type. Slather yourself with love. Do not think this practice is just for women!
- Nourishes the entire body—decreases the effects of aging
- Imparts muscle tone and vigor to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
- Imparts a firmness to the limbs
- Lubricates the joints
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body
- Assists in elimination of impurities from the body
- Moves the lymph, aiding in detoxification
- Increases stamina
- Calms the nerves
- Benefits sleep
- Enhances vision
- Makes hair (scalp) grow luxuriantly, thick, soft and glossy
- Softens and smoothens skin; wrinkles are reduced and disappear
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta and stimulates Kapha
Mahavidya (Mary Thompson) has been teaching Ayurvedic principles and practice to others for over 20 years; she is an expert and a perpetual student of Ayurveda. For years, she supported practitioners, largely at the California College of Ayurveda. She now mentors and consults with practitioners around the world. She is on the faculty of the 800-hour Sivananda Yoga Health Educator Training. She is an animated and humorous presenter.