- This event has passed.
Navaratri Festival – Durga Puja 2
Tuesday, September 27 @ (PDT) 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM PDT
IN PERSON OR VIA ZOOM
Online participants will receive a Zoom link in advance of the puja.
Mother Durga symbolizes positive, divine energy, or shakti. She depicts beauty, grace and bravery. Devotees worship Durga for her divine blessing, guidance and protection. She preserves moral order and righteousness.
Her divine shakti contains the combined energies of all the gods in the form of weapons and emblems. In her many arms, she carries Siva’s trident for courage, Vishnu’s chakra for dharma or righteousness. She carries the sword of discrimination and a lotus of detachment. She also has a mace, bow and arrow, conch. We need different weapons for different battles.
This is the second night of an extremely auspicious nine-night festival in Her honor. A puja is being celebrated each night at the Los Angeles Center: three for Durga, three for Lakshmi and three for Saraswati.
If you join online, make it the best experience possible by:
• setting up a simple altar, if you don’t already have one. Bring the energy of the Ashram to your home.
• preparing prasad for each puja you attend. Let us know if you need ideas.
• having flower petals ready to offer with us.
• emailing us a specific intention you would like included as we make the sankalpa for each puja.
• sending photos of your instruments of karma (by mail or email) in advance to be blessed at the final puja, on Vijay Dasami, October 5 at 6:00am.
Tuesday, September 27 at 8:00pm
Wednesday, September 28 at 8:00pm
Thursday, September 29 at 8:00pm
Friday, September 30 at 8:00pm
Saturday, October 1 at 7:00pm
Sunday, October 2 at 5:30pm
Monday, October 3 at 7:00pm
Tuesday, October 4 at 8:00pm
Wednesday, October 5 at 6:00am
As a blessing for you and a support for the Los Angeles Sivananda Center, we are asking for donations:
$254 / $108 / other
If you are joining online and would like to receive offered flower petals and prasad by mail as an additional blessing, please email us at [email protected]