ONLINE Navaratri Festival
Wednesday, October 6 @ (PDT) 8:00 PM – Thursday, October 14 @ (PDT) 9:30 PM
IN PERSON (hopefully) OR ONLINE
Online registrants will receive a Zoom link the evening before the puja.
SALUTATIONS to the Divine Mother, Durga, who exists in all beings in the form of intelligence, mercy, beauty, who is the consort of Lord Siva, who creates, sustains and destroys the universe.
This is the first night of an extremely auspicious nine-night festival in Her honor. A puja will be celebrated each night at the Los Angeles Center: three for Durga, three for Lakshmi and three for Saraswati.
To make it the best experience possible, we invite you to:
• bring the energy of the Ashram to your home, by setting up a simple altar, if you don’t already have one.
• prepare prasad for each puja you attend. We will share recipes via email and our newsletter.
• offer flower petals with us.
• email us a specific intention you would like included as we make the sankalpa for each puja.
• send photos of your instruments of karma (by mail or email) in advance to be blessed at the final puja, on Vijay Dasami.
Wednesday, October 6 at 8:00pm
Thursday, October 7 at 8:00pm
Friday, October 8 at 8:00pm
Saturday, October 9 at 8:00pm
Sunday, October 10 at 8:00pm
Monday, October 11 at 8:00pm
Tuesday, October 12 at 8:00pm
Wednesday, October 13 at 8:00pm
Thursday, October 14 at 8:00pm
Friday, October 15 at 6:00am
As a blessing for you and a support for the Los Angeles Sivananda Center, we are asking for donations:
$254 / $108 / $80 / $54 / other
To enhance the connection in a physical way, we will send you three mailings of offerings from the pujas.
Choose from the following:
• flower petals from the first Durga puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Durga
• flower petals from the first Lakshmi puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Lakshmi
• flower petals from the first Saraswati puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Saraswati
Suggested donation $108
In addition to flower petals and devi photos, you will receive prasad and a vial of the offered water for one puja each of Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati.
Suggested donation $254*
* The first three people who make this donation will also receive a copy of the Devi Mahatmyam.