Navaratri Festival – Saraswati Puja 3
Tuesday, October 4 @ (PDT) 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM PDT
IN PERSON OR ONLINE
Online participants will receive a Zoom link in advance of the puja.
Saraswati is the goddess of creation—through knowledge, music, art, speech, wisdom, and learning. The earliest known mention of Saraswati as a goddess is in the Rig Veda.
This is the ninth night of an extremely auspicious nine-night festival in Her honor. A puja is being celebrated each night at the Los Angeles Center: three for Durga, three for Lakshmi and three for Saraswati.
To make it the best experience possible, we invite you to:
• bring the energy of the Ashram to your home, by setting up a simple altar, if you don’t already have one.
• prepare prasad for each puja you attend. We will share recipes via email on request.
• offer flower petals with us.
• email us a specific intention you would like included as we make the sankalpa for each puja.
• send photos of your instruments of karma (by mail or email) in advance to be blessed at the final puja, on Vijay Dasami.
Tuesday, October 4 at 8:00pm
Wednesday, October 5 at 6:00am
As a blessing for you and a support for the Los Angeles Sivananda Center, we are asking for donations:
$254 / $108 / $80 / $54 / other
To enhance the connection in a physical way, we will send you three mailings of offerings from the pujas.
Choose from the following:
• flower petals from the first Durga puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Durga
• flower petals from the first Lakshmi puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Lakshmi
• flower petals from the first Saraswati puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Saraswati
Suggested donation $108
In addition to flower petals and devi photos, you will receive prasad and a vial of the offered water for one puja each of Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati.
Suggested donation $254*
* The first two people who make this donation will also receive a copy of the Devi Mahatmyam.