- This event has passed.
ONLINE Navaratri Festival – Lakshmi Puja 2
Wednesday, October 21, 2020 @ 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
VIA ZOOM – Participants will receive a Zoom link the evening before the puja.
Because of the coronavirus and social distancing, we are celebrating the ten pujas at the Center and we invite you to participate online.
Lakshmi typically stands or sits like on a lotus, while holding a lotus in her hand, symbolizing fortune, self-knowledge, and spiritual liberation. She has four hands, which represent the four aspects of human life: dharma, kama, artha and moksha.
This is the fifth night of an extremely auspicious nine-night festival in Her honor. A puja is being celebrated each night at the Los Angeles Center: three for Durga, three for Lakshmi and three for Saraswati.
To make it the best experience possible, we invite you to:
• bring the energy of the Ashram to your home, by setting up a simple altar, if you don’t already have one.
• prepare prasad for each puja you attend. We will share recipes via email on request.
• offer flower petals with us.
• email us a specific intention you would like included as we make the sankalpa for each puja.
• send photos of your instruments of karma (by mail or email) in advance to be blessed at the final puja, on Vijay Dasami.
Wednesday, October 21 at 8:00pm
Thursday, October 22 at 8:00pm
Friday, October 23 at 8:00pm
Saturday, October 24 at 8:00pm
Sunday, October 25 at 8:00pm
Monday, October 26 at 6:00am
As a blessing for you and a support for the Los Angeles Sivananda Center, we are asking for donations:
$254 / $108 / $80 / $54 / other
To enhance the connection in a physical way, we will send you three mailings of offerings from the pujas.
Choose from the following:
• flower petals from the first Durga puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Durga
• flower petals from the first Lakshmi puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Lakshmi
• flower petals from the first Saraswati puja, plus a laminated 3×4” image of Saraswati
Suggested donation $108
In addition to flower petals and devi photos, you will receive prasad and a vial of the offered water for one puja each of Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati.
Suggested donation $254*
* The first three people who make this donation will also receive a copy of the Devi Mahatmyam.