Navaratri Festival – Lakshmi Puja 2
Thursday, October 19 @ (PDT) 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM UTC+0
IN PERSON ORONLINE
Online registrants will receive a Zoom link in advance of the puja.
Lakshmi typically stands or sits like on a lotus, while holding a lotus in her hand, symbolizing fortune, self-knowledge, and spiritual liberation. She has four hands, which represent the four aspects of human life: dharma, kama, artha and moksha.
This is the fifth night of an extremely auspicious nine-night festival in Her honor. A puja is being celebrated each night at the Los Angeles Center: three for Durga, three for Lakshmi and three for Saraswati.
If you join online, make it the best experience possible by:
• setting up a simple altar, if you don’t already have one. Bring the energy of the Ashram to your home.
• preparing prasad for each puja you attend. Let us know if you need ideas.
• having flower petals ready to offer with us.
• emailing us a specific intention you would like included as we make the sankalpa for each puja.
• sending photos of your instruments of karma (by mail or email) in advance to be blessed at the final puja, on Vijay Dasami, October 24 at 6:00am.
Thursday, October 19 at 8:00pm
Friday, October 20 at 8:00pm
Saturday, October 21 at 7:00pm
Sunday, October 22 at 5:30pm
Monday, October 23 at 7:00pm
Tuesday, October 24 at 6:00am
As a blessing for you and a support for the Los Angeles Sivananda Center, we are asking for donations: $254 / $108 / other
If you are joining online and would like to receive offered flower petals and prasad by mail as an additional blessing, please email us at [email protected]