- This event has passed.
Intro to Vedanta (5-session course)
Friday, July 30, 2021 @ 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
IN PERSON OR ONLINE
Onsite attendees must show their vaccination card and wear a face mask.
Online registrants will receive a Zoom link at least one hour before the first class.
This course meets weekly for 5 weeks with Swami Sivasankariananda.
In this course, we will focus on Jnana Yoga (Yoga of knowledge). Jnana Yoga is the direct path to Self-realization through self-inquiry and we seek the true nature of the Self based on proper self-inquiry and ceaseless self-analysis. Finite and Infinite. Real and Unreal. Swamiji will guide you how to cultivate discrimination in accordance with scriptures.
– What is Vedanta and Jnana Yoga
– Qualifications necessary to learn and practice Vedanta
– “Who am I?” – techniques in self-inquiry by which you find strength and peace within
– Fundamental conditions in regard to Vedanta
– Vedantic meditation
– Practice of mantras “SOHAM” and “OM”