How to Start
It is good if you can join us for one of our FREE monthly Open House gatherings where you will get a clear introduction to the principle points of Yoga and learn more about the Center and teachers.
Our Beginners’ Course is the best way to get a good foundation and proper guidance to help you establish a daily Yoga practice. Learn the principle benefits of each posture and the fundamental principles of Yoga. You will be introduced to the 12 most important postures (asanas), basic breathing and relaxation techniques.
If you would prefer to try a class, you are welcome to join any Open (All levels) class and your first class is FREE
CLASS & COURSE GUIDELINES
We want you to have the most comfortable and pleasant experience possible at the Center. Here are some guidelines to follow for our classes and courses.
- Levels: Beginners are advised to take a Beginners’ Course before attending Open (All levels) Classes.
- Attendance: Arrive 5 to 10 minutes before the class starts. Please do not enter a class more than 15 minutes after it has begun.
- No phones: Please ensure that you silence your cell phone before you enter class.
- No fragrances: Many students are negatively affected by perfumes and other body fragrances. Please respect their sensitivity.
- Health status: Please let your instructor know, before the class, if you have any injuries, serious health conditions, recent surgeries, high blood pressure, pregnancy, etc.
- Corrections: If you prefer not to be assisted or corrected by the teacher, please notify the teacher and/or assistant before the class starts.
- Empty stomach: Do not eat for at least two hours before a class.
- No food or drink: Please do not bring any food or drink into the class. A water dispenser is available in reception.
WHAT TO BRING
- Wear modest, comfortable clothing that will allow for freedom of movement and breath.
- For hygienic reasons, you may wish to bring your own yoga mat or a large towel to cover the mats we provide.
- Cushions are provided.