- This event has passed.
ONLINE Yoga 1 Course (5 sessions)
Tuesday, January 5, 2021 @ 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
ONLINE COURSE: The course meets five consecutive Tuesdays from 5:30–7:00pm via Zoom. Registrants will receive a link at least an hour before the first class.
This Yoga course is ideal for beginners, or those new to Sivananda Yoga. It progressively introduces you to yoga asanas, breathing exercises, meditation, mantra chanting and yoga philosophy, covering the first three of the five points of Yoga for perfect health. The course will help you understand the system that is followed in all of our open classes. (Yoga 2 is an additional 5-session course which covers the remaining two points, plus one more posture and breathing technique and variations on the asanas learned.)
• Step-by-step guide in 11 of the basic 12 postures, with explanation of benefits of the postures
• What is classical yoga? Intro to the tradition of lineage of the yoga masters
• What is the purpose and what are the methods of classical yoga?
• Basic philosophy about happiness, health, life, freedom
• Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
• Yogic techniques of breathing
• Yogic techniques of relaxation
Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy by Swami Sitaramananda
Available in our boutique