- This event has passed.
ONLINE Raja Yoga Sutras (5-day course)
Monday, April 12, 2021 @ 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
This 5-day course meets Monday–Friday, April 12–16
7:00–8:30pm PDT each session
ONLINE COURSE via Zoom. Registrants will receive a link at least one hour before the first class.
Raja Yoga is the royal Yoga path of mind control and meditation. The purpose of Raja Yoga is to bring the mind to calmness so one can realize the Self, the Peace and Bliss within. This 5-day course introduces you to Chapter 1 of the Raja Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Learn to apply the classical teachings in the context of daily life, gain understanding of the workings of the mind, and learn techniques and practices to gain mastery over the mind:
- Identify the root causes of suffering in daily life
- Recognize our own negative emotions and stress patterns that cause pain and suffering
- Apply the Yamas and Niyamas to generate new positive habits and overcome negative habits
- Learn to apply the 8 Limbs of Raja Yoga to create a daily sadhana practice
- Break through darkness, self denial, confusion to realize your innate potential
Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda