This Beginners Yoga Course is ideal for beginners, or those new to Sivananda Yoga. This course gives you the full yogic experience, progressively introducing yoga asanas, breathing exercises, meditation, mantra chanting and yoga philosophy and it will cover the first 3 of the 5 points of Yoga.
– Step by step guide in 9 of the basic 12 postures, explanation of benefits of the postures
– What is classical yoga? Intro to the tradition of lineage of the yoga masters
– What is the purpose and what are the methods of classical yoga?
– Basic philosophy about happiness, health, life, freedom
– Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
– Yogic techniques of breathing
– Vegetarianism-the how and why
– Yogic techniques of relaxation
The course will help you understand the system that is followed in all of our open classes.
*Please note we will meet 5 Sundays and will not have class Sunday, November 25.